Thursday, February 7, 2013

watch your words.

okay. I have it good. I do have my fair share of drama, and family issues in my life, but I am a happy person. My daily thoughts include: marriage, boys, grades, my mom, marriage, my sister, grades again. chem test chem test chem test, wow, I really gotta pee, where's alexis? I hate not having a phone. 

and there are people out there, genuinely struggling with life. while those ^^ are my thoughts, they're hoping their dad doesn't hurt them tonight, or their mom doesn't say derogatory things to them again. then when they get to school they are being bullied, and I KNOW how much a tiny sarcastic comment can hurt. The other day in chemistry, a boy looked at me and said, "Wow, you look so tired, you have huge bags under your eyes." and although that was anything but sarcastic, I literally teared up in class.. I could've started bawling if Q Bailey, and Jonny Bradshaw hadn't have stood up for me.

No one truly knows what another person is going through. So why one earth, would you ever say something rude to another? Because you feel threatened and it's your defense mechanism? Because you are insecure and feel you need to be "funny" for people to like you? Or maybe you just flat out don't like the person.
but the thing is, is that none of those are valid reasons to hurt someone else. How do you know that those people you jokingly bully aren't taking it to heart? how do you know that on a daily basis they think the world would be a better place with out them in it? YOU DON'T. so why risk it?
You're just adding to their daily struggles.

I hope everyone's eyes have been opened today. The recent events in our little school district have shaken everyone. It's all over twitter, and instagram. I am sure there will be many absent students tomorrow, and grief counselors for the people that show up, even though they aren't emotionally strong enough to face the day.

People make fun of me a lot because I get in these moods, about once every other week, where I tell everyone in my life, how much they mean to me. I tell everyone my genuine feelings for them. and they appreciate it. I feel better about myself, and I think they get a little boost too. I think more people should openly express how they feel.
you never know when it will be too late.

xx danielle

RIP Sydney Taylor Bruning 
Everyone come to PG High School tonight for a candle light vigil on the football field in her honor.
8 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment